Monday, January 08, 2007

New AK: Back to the Shop

So I took it out to clean it off and look more carefully at the canting, and I noticed that the front end seemed a bit off. So peered down the barrel and noticed that instead of looking at the middle of the end of the receiver, I was looking more at it's corner. A more careful examination reveals that the entire front of the rifle was misaligned because of a poor attachment of the front end to the receiver.

The whole front end is pointing off to the left.

Damn!

I just emailed the vendor to see if he will swap it. I really don't want to send this thing off to Century Arms.

Will let you all know...

UPDATE:

After only one email, the wonderful people at The Exchange have offered to just replace the rifle. I will let you know how good the new one is once it arrives!

No comments: