Saturday, January 06, 2007

Enfield takes the Field: Bye, Bye, Saiga.


Since the New AK showed up, I took the Saiga in to trade it out with my local dealer. He liked the Saiga enough to trade out for a sporterized Enfield (it was that or take a Norinco 870 shotgun clone). Long story short, I am a sucker for old mil surplus and since the only thing I hated about the Enfields was their weight, this VERY nicely done sport job makes a very nice rifle.

It even has a very nice barrel after a good bore brushing.

The .303 round is ugly, and not as versatile as the 30-06, but it has the power to drop dear or bigger animals if ever needed. It also should give decent accuracy to practice with. A much nicer conversion than the mouser I was eyeing at MC Sports the other day.

It even has a new sling. Bonus!

No comments: