Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Brother's Stolen Sandwich

Another story from my Brother in the big city:

He had just put down his lunch combo on the table at the Subway restaurant and was filling his soda cup when he noticed a man just outside the window looking left and right and at his sandwich. Before he could do anything, he sees the guy run in the door, grab his sandwich and bolt out the door.

(I interrupted here and said, "He must have been hungry" did you get another sandwich?")

Nope, my brother throws down his drink and runs out the door in hot pursuit. Weaving through the grid locked traffic, he is running the sandwich thief to ground. In a few minutes he will have the guy.

(I interrupted again here and said, "Man, that was stupid!" Why not just let the guy go?)

He expains to me that he only had a budget for that one meal that day and he did not want to be hungry. Plus, IT WAS HIS SANDWICH!

So the guy looks back over his shoulder and sees my Brother catching up to him and what does he do?

He takes the sandwich out of the bag and, gulping down unchewed mouthfuls, he just keeps running.

(I interrupt with tears of laughter, "Just how hungry were you? Would you still eat it then?")

Nope. My brother let it go at that point. He really wanted a HIS sandwich, but not that bad!

No comments: